Thursday, March 11, 2010

Haven't done a music thing in a while...


Hello music lovers, I'm back with yet another album you should listen to: The Kills - Midnight Boom. I won't lie, this album may take a little getting used to but once you get the vibe you're hooked. I ran across this group by accident really. During one of my more riveting days of unemployment I was watching the Current Network (Awesome tv by the way...) and they did an interview with VV and Hotel from the group The Kills. I had heard about them before from artists like Lightspeed Champion (His album review coming soon) and The Wombats but I never really looked into them much. Better late than never I suppose.

All anecdotes aside I really really really digg this band. They're kind of like a grittier version of The White Stripes if Jack and Meg White switched places and shared the spotlight more often. VV (Alison Mosshart) delivers her vocals with the perfect balance of raw, in-your-face power and laid-back (almost teasing) cocky playfulness. Hotel (Jamie Hince) delivers his heavy guitar work in such striking fashion that I'm still left reeling from the chords after the album's finished. This is such a good album any music fan should check it out at least as a break from the mainstream. It's raw, it's gritty, it's heavy-hitting but you'll love every second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment