Friday, February 5, 2010

Distractions

My life goes in cycles, two modes to be precise. I go from the erratic- constantly in search of the new, engaging, unusual, and surreal to the stable- staunchly focused on not shaking things up or breaking the mold; playing it safe. I have never really studied myself as to why I cycle between the two until recently and I've come to the conclusion that I'm by nature more so of an erratic individual and my pursuits of "stability" are really bouts of fear and doubt when "I" think my lofty goals and ideals are too far out of reach. You can't listen to the voices that feed you doubt... how's that old sayin go? Shoot for the stars because if you fail you'll land on a nebula? Something like that. If you go for your dreams, no matter how big or small, rational or ridiculous, you can't help but to get noticed. Meditate on what you want, visualize it, feel it, appreciate everything you have now, and just go for it and the universe will make a way for you to shine.

1 comment:

  1. "Shoot for the stars because if you fail you'll land on a nebula? Something like that."

    :falls out laughing:

    It's shoot for the moon, and if you fail, you'll still land among the stars.
    I rather like yours thoughXD


    And I'd argue that rather than not listening to your doubts, just don't let them corrupt you or bind you to the ground. Because those same doubts could help point out pitfalls in The Master Plan--so instead of letting it stop you, use it.

    .....you may have been saying that, but a little elaboration and two cents never hurt I guess.

    ReplyDelete